Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Misc. projects and things I'm into lately...*shrug*

I have this crazy right hand that has to always be doing something. In between classes, breaks and sometimes church I've been drawing "wallpaper" characters. First were the monkeys as I have posted earlier, then came the coneheads and most recently 'Phone Pig'. Phone pig will also be featured in this weeks IF. (It can't be helped, there's an inner pig that must come out and call. ^___^)





Ever so often I get this indispensable feeling in my gut to cut paper. I haven't learned to control it. I've basically come to recognise this feeling as the 'artsy, craftsy, cutsy, pastey' feeling, aka, make cards or bind books or something of the sort. So, since I was out, I made a few cards.









I'm working on getting together a book that contains a story my Grandpa told us when we where kids. It's a postish World War II story that it kinda turned into a childrens book that I'm creating online. Anyhoo, I'm still nudging it around and am still working on thummies but I drew out a few sketches of the style I want to try to go for and the medium (charcoal on brown and tope paper) but...we'll see, but here's a few doodles from that.



1 comment:

Matt Patton said...

I love the WWII ones. Really really great stuff here.